FairlyCale

The ultimate John Cale forum.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Paris 1919" in Norwich

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 am

Hi Nayika,
as i said the concert recording was an exercise in testing equipment, uploading to youtube was to see if i was able to do that (and i was.) Removing the clips was part of the deal laid out when i sold the sd card, not because of your or my sense of humour.
I had read the comment of one here who wanted to know what went on in Norwich..now he has an idea, good for him.
I still have the audio from this concert. I listened to it last night, it has fantastic sound quality (maybe your kodak is faulty?) but i still maintain John does not excite the way he did in concert during the 1970's, i understand the opinion i have no right to expect him to do that.
But John does talk up his concerts these days as if they are or will be as good as those so long ago and they simply are not.
Besides he spent too much time in Norwich with his back to the audience, which i thought was rude! Best wishes S.

Last edited by LouisRede on Mon May 31, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

27 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Oh! What a great shame that the beautiful E Is Missing video has been removed. I know of four attendees who recorded the Norwich concert.

JK

View user profile

28 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Mon May 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Dear LouisaRede,

Why do I have the feeling that you only came to this forum for trying to sell now your audio recording? Rolling Eyes

Justine made it hopefully quite clear to you that there are enough recordings of this concert which by the way circulate for free among fans. Of course, as the Admin of this forum I condemn this, but what can I do about it?

I can just let you and everybody else know:
This is not the right place for getting offers for your concert loots. Respect the artist and his copyright! Any comments in future which indicate potential bootleg sales/exchanges will be deleted, because it is illegal. And no, there won't be any auctions for illegally recorded audio or video files!

And LouisRede, if you want to do some Cale bashing, you can open new categories like: 'My worst Cale concert', 'My most/least exciting view on Cale's back', 'Cale's worst live recording', 'My partner's best nap at a Cale concert', etc. Do what you want! This is a very open forum, but do it respectfully and don't try to bullshit anybody.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/WeKnowJohnCale

29 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Why do I have the feeling that you only came to this forum for trying to sell now your audio recording?

Primarily because i believe you perhaps lack the skills required to be a good moderator.

Furthermore, I do not think this forum is as open as you would like to believe.
Best wishes S.

View user profile

30 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Mon May 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Justine wrote:Oh! What a great shame that the beautiful E Is Missing video has been removed. I know of four attendees who recorded the Norwich concert.

JK

Any idea if/when any will be posted on Dime or anywhere else?

View user profile

31 GUTTED on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 am

I just joined this forum (so excited to find somewhere to exchange views with other Cale-lovers) - well, I'm just horrified by what I read here. I was at the Norwich concert (one of the best of his I've seen) and I was *so* excited to see the two tracks posted on YouTube. Glad I grabbed them before Mr. Rede removed them.

It's just awful that this recording had disappeared into someone's collection. I've followed John Cale's career since the 1970s (was too young in the 1960s) but due to family circumstances and stuff I won't go into, I've only been able to go to his gigs during the last 5 years (apart from escaping to see the Velvets reunion in 1993). I've managed to see Cale 5 times and each time has been really, really special.

Anyway, any kind of recording of record of these wondeful concerts would be a fabulous thing to have. I was so happy when the two tracks were posted, hoping there wold be more. Not everyone can do Torrents (I can't which causes me great grief) and so we rely on the kindness of others who post live recordings etc. I think I know who the Manchester collector is who has the film, and I'm pretty sure it won't see the light of day.

So it's really disappointing that this recording has disappeared forever - great sadness.

View user profile

32 Re: "Paris 1919" in Norwich on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:07 pm

i'm sure john was pleased you enjoyed the norwich concert for what it was, and if you can, see him more often. The recording i made was never intended to be distributed widely. It's always possible a show will be released, i would be suprised if norwich wasn't officially recorded. It was a good hall for such an undertaking. I recorded a concert this week using the same equipment, an artist as big as Cale playing to an audience of less than a hundred, its likely that will be deleted...thats how i am. Unless someone else filmed the Cale show you are correct in assuming the Norwich concert i filmed is buried treasure. Sorry but you'll get over it, like i guess you did the awful re-union concert!

................................................................................

"So it's really disappointing that this recording has disappeared forever - great sadness"[/quote]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum